The Webster Technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and diversified adjustment. The goal of the adjustment is to reduce the effects of sacroiliac (SI) joint dysfunction and restore normal neurobiomechanical function of the sacral and pelvic region.
This technique is especially beneficial in pregnant women since sacral and pelvis misalignment may contribute to uterine never interference and tightening of pelvic muscles and ligaments preventing the baby from comfortably assuming the best position for birth.
Benefits for mom:
- Prepares pelvis for an easier pregnancy by balancing bony structures, muscles and ligaments
- Removes the torsion of ligaments that support the uterus thus removing aberrant tension on uterus
- Decreases potential for unnecessary intervention in labour/dystocia
Benefits for baby:
- Baby has greater room to develop
- Offers the baby room to move into the best position possible for birth.